What You Should Avoid In Winter Skincare Routine?
You should learn the scientifically accepted skincare routine after learning how to take care of your skin in the winter in order to ensure safety and minimize skin damage. The following steps are a part of that process:
5 must-do steps for healthy skin
Step 1: Remove makeup
No matter what time of year it is, if you wear makeup, don’t forget to take it off at night. That aids in completely removing makeup, grime, and sebum embedded deep within the pores, leaving the skin clean and the pores wide open for additional nutrient penetration.
Step 2: Wash your face
Another crucial skincare step that women shouldn’t skip is washing their faces. To get the best results and prevent skin damage or irritation, find and select products that are appropriate for your skin type.
You can use the products listed below with many coupons from each brand to save big on your skincare routine.
- Oily skin: Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser, Calm Redness Relief Cleanser For Normal To Oil Skin, Innisfree Green Tea Morning Cleanser,…
- Dry skin: Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser, Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser, Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser, La Roche Posay Effaclar Gel, etc.
- Sensitive, acne-prone skin: Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Cosrx Good Morning Low pH Cleanser, Eucerin Facial Cleanser PH5 Sensitive Skin, …
- Mixed skin: Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser, Shiseido Senka Perfect Whip, Simple Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash, La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream, etc.
Step 3: Apply toner
You shouldn’t use toners with alcohol in the winter; instead, use water-based toners, which are better for your skin. Antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals found in water-based toners aid in skin repair and soothe irritated skin.
Step 4: Use products specifically for skin problems
In this step, depending on the skin condition of each person, different special products will be used. As follows:
- Acne-prone skin: use Clear Regular Strength Daily Skin Clearing Treatment 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, Effaclar Duo+ La Roche Posay, Isis Pharma Teen derm Alpha Pure, etc.
- For Skin with large pores: use pore shrinking essence such as 10% Niacinamide Booster, Clinical Niacinamide 20% Treatment, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, etc.
- Aging, wrinkled skin: use Clinical 0.3% Retinol + 2% Bakuchiol Treatment, Liftactiv Serum 10 Supreme, Hada Labo Pro Anti Aging Essence, etc.
- Before using special products on the skin, you can use AHA, and BHA to exfoliate the skin so that the skin can better absorb the ingredients.
Step 5: Apply moisturizer
Hyaluronic acid is an active ingredient that retains moisture and prevents water from evaporating from the epidermis, making your skin healthier and softer during the winter. The creams also make the skin plump and youthful while working to reduce wrinkles, brown spots, and dark spots.
Common mistakes made when taking care of skin in winter
Using a face wash that is not suitable for your skin
Without considering whether facial cleanser products are right for their skin, many women base their decisions solely on the brand or the advice of friends. You should be more concerned with your best friend’s skin type than the product’s level of fame if you want to protect your skin the best and prevent dry skin during the cold season. To choose the right cleanser, please first determine whether your skin is currently normal, oily, dry, or combination skin.
Roughly remove makeup
Many women do not concentrate on removing makeup, only removing makeup, and occasionally they do not even use makeup remover to do it, instead wiping it off with a wet towel. That is impossible because doing so would cause your skin to age quickly and become drier.
The best way is to remove makeup in 2 steps with 2 makeup removers:
- Step 1: remove makeup on the skin.
- Step 2: remove makeup to remove bacteria, dirt, sebum, and other accumulations of substances that accumulate and reactivate on the skin.
Let the skin dry out after washing
Even though it’s a minor detail, the winter skincare mistake that most women make has a big effect on their skin. It is a terrible idea to wait until the skin is completely dry from the water before using a cream to clean the skin effectively.
Because the skin is not completely dry as a result of this habit, moisture will inevitably be absorbed, which accelerates the drying process. In order to protect and retain moisture for the skin, you must dry your skin thoroughly after cleaning it.
Take a hot bath for too long
In such chilly weather, everyone wants to relax and unwind by soaking in a hot tub. Ladies, be careful not to bathe in hot water for too long, as this will damage the lipid structures beneath the skin and cause moisture loss.
Additionally, soaking in hot water for an extended period of time while exposed to cold air can quickly cause illnesses like colds and runny noses. Applying moisturizer as soon as possible after showering is crucial for women in order to prevent the body from drying out and protect the skin.
Above, we’ve mentioned to you the winter skincare tips as well as the mistakes that people often make when taking care of their skin. From there, you can refer to and apply it to protect the skin on cold weather days. Besides, you can always combine your routine with the spa’s skincare to bring the best results! Follow clicktosearchnews.com to update the latest articles.